this Website and arisproofreading.com, the owner and provider of this Website. arisproofreading.com
all Data collected by us or provided by you in relation to your use of the Website.
Definitions and interpretation
In this privacy
policy, the following definitions are used:
Data collectively all information that you submit
to arisproofreading.com via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions
provided in the Data Protection Laws; Cookies a small text file placed on your computer by this Website
when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details
of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies); GDPR the General Data
Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679; arisproofreading.com, or usarisproofreading.com UK and EU Cookie
Law the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy
and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011; User or you any third party
that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by arisproofreading.com Limited and acting in
the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to
arisproofreading.com and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website the website that you are currently using, https://arisproofreading.com
and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- references to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and
- "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but
not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
- For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, arisproofreading.com is the "data
controller". This means that arisproofreading.com determines the purposes for which, and the manner
in which, your Data is processed. Data collected
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- Social media login data;
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you;
- data is received from other sources; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you arisproofreading.com will collect your Data in a number of ways, for
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
Data that is received from third
arisproofreading.com will receive Data about you from the following third
- Google Analytics;
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will
collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps
us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date,
times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your
browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section
below, headed "Cookies".
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in
order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically,
Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
We may use your Data for the above
purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with
this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights"
For the delivery of direct marketing to you via email, we'll need your consent, whether
via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
- soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged
with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service,
and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your
consent as given unless you opt-out.
- for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need
to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that
- if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at
any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this
processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to
enter into such a contract.
We may use your Data to show you arisproofreading.com adverts and
other content on other websites. If you do not want us to use your data to show you arisproofreading.com
adverts and other content on other websites, please turn off the relevant cookies (please refer to the
section headed "Cookies" below).
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with
the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal
data - to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored
to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness;
- third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website - to enable third party
payment providers to process user payments and refunds; in each case, in accordance with this privacy
Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your
Data, for example:
- access to your account is controlled by a password and a username that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you
suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by
contacting us via this email address: [email protected]
If you want detailed
information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against
fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org
Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
- Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Data on
you request that the Data be deleted.
- Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at
any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to
the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly
unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we
refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our
- Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or
limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it
for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the
processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via
this email address: [email protected]
If you are not satisfied with the way a
complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to
the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/
is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data
changes during the period for which we hold it. Links to other websites
This Website may, from
time to time, provide links to other websites. We have no control over such websites and are not
Changes of business ownership and control
- arisproofreading.com may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve
the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of arisproofreading.com. Data provided by
Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with
be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- This Website may place and access certain Cookies on your computer. arisproofreading.com uses
Cookies to improve your experience of using the Website and to improve our range of services. MP Web
Solutions Limited has carefully chosen these Cookies and has taken steps to ensure that your privacy
is protected and respected at all times.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar
requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you
are enabling arisproofreading.com to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you
wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function
fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie Purpose Strictly necessary cookies These are cookies that are required for the
operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of
our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services. Analytical/performance cookies They
allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website
when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that
users are finding what they are looking for easily. Functionality cookies These are used to recognise you
when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and
remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region) Targeting cookies These cookies
record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use
this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests.
We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet
browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in
your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you
to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the
help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting
your privacy settings.
- For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to
aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent
required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy
will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All
disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and
arisproofreading.com reserves the right to change this
on your first use of the Website following the alterations.